Week 10 - Deploying. JSON.
Getting ready for Heroku
- Sign up for a Heroku account
Make sure your VM is up to date
vagrant haltbefore you run
vagrant up --provision
- Read through getting started with Ruby on Heroku
In class demo project
Deploying to Heroku
- Make sure you are already in your project directory and that all your changes have been committed – Heroku deploys your last commit.
heroku createto setup a new Heroku site (just have to do this once)
git push heroku masterany time you want to deploy
To check your Heroku logs:
heroku logs --tail (press Ctrl+C when you're done)
Writing a README file
Homework: your project
By next Tuesday evening, please submit the beginnings of a plan for your final project. Some things that I want to discuss with you before you do any coding are:
- Drawings of each of the screens of your web app – these can be really rough – we will use these to spec the functionality you’ll be building
- Your database structure – what tables you’ll have, what fields, and how they will be related
You don’t have to submit everything, but you do have to submit something. If in doubt, ask. I can guarantee responses if you email my by Sunday night. Any later and I may not have time.